Monday, August 4, 2008

Jeep in for paint

Saturday, I worked on the jeep most of the day. I bought a fender from a 4x4 parts yard, and installed that. Boy, I ran into a bit of trouble getting the fender flair off. I wound up braking off most of the studs. Once I removed the flair, I removed the metal pieces that held the flair on.
I drilled out the old studs and replaced them with 1/4" hardware. I spot welded the 1/4" bolts in place. Yep, that did the trick. bolted it to the new fender. Looks great.

I sanded and used aircraft paint remover on the hood and roof of the jeep. What a mess that was. I removed all the light bezels and some trim. I tried to remove ,most of the glue residue from the badging.

Monday morning, I loaded the jeep up on the trailer and dropped it off. $550 paint job from Maaco. I should have it back Wednesday or Thursday.

My rims have not come in from Discount tire yet.
I am still waiting on the control arms for the lift.
I hope to have this part done by Friday or Saturday.

No comments: